Monday, December 05, 2005

All NaNover For Another Year

For those of you wondering how NaNo went - very well, thank you! I had so much fun I did it twice.

I finished the first one, albeit with a slight problem in the middle which I plan to solve by dint of research which will consist of reading more techno-thrillers and perhaps watching a few bad movies, eight days early. So I wrote another. Think Gerry Anderson meets H.P. Lovecraft, with a splash of Star Trek. It seems to me this second one better embodies the true spirit of NaNo, having been thought up completely at the last minute. And it contains Giant Space Squid.

My thanks to Theresa Nielsen-Hayden for the Evil Overlord Plot Generator which allowed me to come up with a plot in an afternoon, and Seventh Sanctum for providing all the names.

1 comment:

K said...

I needed to know about the Evil Overlord plot generator! I've seen the Evil Overlord list (of course) but didn't know it had actually been turned into something useful (for a given value of "useful", of course) as well as funny.

Brilliance, sheer brilliance.